Whether or not you are considering hiring an in the house, permanent employee corporate secretarial Singapore or you are considering someone from a secretarial service firm, it is good to know that you have an idea of questions best to ask to ensure you hire the right professional.
Questions to ask a corporate secretary Singapore
It is the company’s director/s responsibility to be able to hire a credible professional to fill out this post. Not being able to filter the right professional may cause problems/issues within the company’s business operations and may cause legal issues too.
Below are some of the best questions to ask when hiring a professional corporate secretary:
- Can you take minutes of the meetings accurately?
- How well are you keeping up with the current legislation, including what the company must follow and abide by
- How deep is your knowledge about the health and safety regulations?
- How good are you with organizing paperwork, schedules, responsibilities and the like?
- Can you come up with the more effective system to use? If so, can you give an example?
- How do you rate yourself in terms of communication skills?
- What are your three best strengths when liaising to other professionals in the office?
- What are the most critical aspects when running your business?
This role can be one of the most important and critical in businesses, hence it is only necessary that the right questions are asked to assess the capability and ability of a person. Other than asking questions, it is also necessary that you track the records of their experience and work. If they are part of a secretarial firm, ask for the curricula vitae of the secretary they will dispatch.
More questions to ask
Below are few other questions best to ask:
- Can you tell me more about yourself?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you see interesting about this job?
- How do you see yourself 3 to 5 years from today?
- What do you think you can do that other candidate cannot?
- What responsibilities do you handle from your last role?
- When were you best satisfied with your job?
There are more questions to ask to assess one’s capability to handle such strict role. Collect as many questions as you can to make sure you get the best fit for the role.